[OpenAFS] Retiring the LWP fileserver

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:38:14 -0400

On Sep 13, 2011, at 5:03 AM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> We're currently maintaining 3 versions of the AFS fileserver - the LWP =
one, a "normal" pthreaded fileserver, and the demand attach fileserver. =
The "normal" pthreaded fileserver has been the default for all of our =
supported platforms since the 1.4 release.
>=20
> I'd like to simplify the build tree, and the fileserver code, by =
removing support for the LWP fileserver. We have a long term goal of =
removing LWP from the tree entirely, so this is one step along the way. =
If I do so, this change would only target master - the LWP fileserver =
would remain on the 1.6 tree.
>=20
> Is there anyone out there deliberately making use of the LWP =
fileserver who would be affected by its removal from master?

Not here (umich.edu).

Steve=