[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.14 with 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5?

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:41:37 -0400

On 9/13/2011 11:48 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:07:04 -0400
> Jeff Blaine<jblaine@kickflop.net>  wrote:
>
>> -bash-3.2# time /afs/rcf/user/jblaine/afs-exercise.sh
>> find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for .: this may be a bug in your
>> filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option.
>> Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have
>> been searched.
>
> Is the problem just this message? This is known:
>
>         -noleaf
>                Do  not  optimize  by  assuming that directories contain 2 fewer
>                subdirectories than their  hard  link  count.   This  option  is
>                needed  when  searching  filesystems that do not follow the Unix
>                directory-link convention, such as CD-ROM or MS-DOS  filesystems
>                or  AFS  volume  mount  points.

Interesting.  We've never seen this warning before.  I've
added -noleaf to address that.

I'm not sure yet if there is another problem.  Now that I've
gotten past this, it's on to determining that.  The user of
the box indicated he had turned it off months ago because
AFS was too slow on it (sigh).  So now we're investigating
and starting fresh.