[OpenAFS] OpenAFS-1.7.1 on Windows 7 32 bit

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:53:52 +0200

On 16.09.2011 18:24, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> So far OpenAFS-1.7.1 gets around 2 issues we have been seeing
> with previous versions.
>
> OpenAFS client can recover from hibernation...
>
> On W7 32 bit were the user does not have any admin rights
> even with 1.6.0b they were not able to use AFS.
> (The circumvention was to give the user admin rights)
> With 1.7.1 this issue appears to have been fixed.

My users on Win 7 32bit were not admin and could get tokens/tickets/data=20
from OpenAFS cells with previous 1.5.x and 1.6.x versions of OpenAFS.

The IFS client does get rid of smb protocol and shows some other nice=20
side effects.
My experiences here were great over the last 2 weeks, just a few small=20
problems still appear: running software installations out of OpenAFS is=20
often not possible with IFS (if it needs a change in user authorization).

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723