[OpenAFS] AFS 1.6.0 and AFS-perl module version 2.6.2

Staffan Hämälä sh@ltu.se
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:45:33 +0200

I've been trying to compile the AFS perl module against openAFS 1.4.14
on a 64-bit CentOS 6 Linux machine, but it looks like it's not easy to
get it to work.

My AFS install (RPM based) is missing the libraries libafsauthent_pic.a
and libafsrpc_pic.a. A google search tells me that these are included by
default in the current development releases (this was posted in march 2010).

Thinking it would have been fixed in openafs 1.6.0, I downloaded the
RPM's from openafs.org, but the libraries aren't included there either
(not as _pic.a at least).

What do I need to do to get the AFS perl module to install?

One solution seems to be to use a non-threaded perl, but I'd rather just
compile openafs with some other parameters, or use a different version
of AFS.

--Staffan
Luleå University of Technology