[OpenAFS] Mac Finder large file copies, and 1.6.0 - fixed ?

Richard Brittain Richard.Brittain@dartmouth.edu
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:56:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
    I'm trying out 1.6 on our Mac clients, and discovered that it seems to
have a fixed a Finder problem which existed in 1.4.x.  With 1.4.x on OSX
10.5/6, we could not drag files >4GB to AFS (Finder returned unknown
error, code 0).  This was specifically a Finder issue -- the command line
tools and other file copying programs worked correctly.

However, I can't find a mention of this in the ChangeLog, so I'm wondering
if it is safe to declare this 'fixed' and recommend our users upgrade to
1.6.0 now.

Thanks,
    Richard

--
Richard Brittain,  Research Computing Group,
                    Computing Services, 37 Dewey Field Road, HB6219