[OpenAFS] HA RW vols

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:06:46 -0600

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> wrote:
> What have people had success with (existing solutions
> in practice) for making RW volumes "highly available"?

We have some content in AFS where it's acceptable to have a little bit
of downtime, but we need to be able to recover with a minimum of
hassle if we had an outage. In these cases, we mount the volumes
explicitly as rw, but replicate them "behind the scenes" in cron. We
can then use vos convertROtoRW if we need to quickly recover.

It has its downsides, and it's not true multi-master RW, but it works
in a pinch.

- Ken