[OpenAFS] Re: ProbeUuid for host failed

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:25:30 -0500

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:04:19 -0700
Ken Elkabany <Ken@Elkabany.com> wrote:

> Over time these errors become more and more frequent. The problem is
> that the client who hits this issue will experience a 5-10s delay in
> accessing a file, which hurts performance significantly. The clients
> are 1.6pre1, and the server is 1.4.14

1.6.0pre1? Or 1.6.1pre1?

> Using afsmonitor, I do see that one of the clients hitting this issue
> (I haven't checked whether all client have the problem, but many seem
> to) has 17M callbacks alloced. Could that be suspect?

Yes; that should not be possible unless the client is within a certain
narrow range of versions. The client could be tied up trying to clear up
that queue of GUCB messages, which is why everything would appear to
freeze for a short time, and you get that ProbeUuid failure.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net