[OpenAFS] Restoring a RW volume that had replicas

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:27:37 -0400

I trip over this every time and end up making a whole
lot of work for myself. Any knowledge you'd like to share
would be appreciated.

Let's say vos listvldb myvol states:

   RW: fs1 a
   RO: fs1 a
   RO: fs2 a
   RO: fs3 a
   RO: fs4 a

Let's say fs1 dies one minute later and it is decided that
it is not going to be replaced. It was purely a fileserver.

Let's say I then snag a complete vos listvldb snapshot to a file
so we know what was on fs1 (we will assume the VLDB reflects
reality).

You restore the RW myvol to fs2:c as myvol.R just fine.

vos rename myvol.R myvol fails with "Already exists"

Anyone want to take it from there?