[OpenAFS] Re: Ubuntu

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 07 Apr 2012 06:24:45 -0700

Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> writes:

> Which in itself should be enough to stop it from being released. But I'm
> pessimistic, Ubuntu has in spite of its popularity issues when it comes
> to fixing bugs that they can dismiss by blaming upstream debian.  But
> maybe my experience is biased from the messy state the heimdal package
> is in.

Heimdal tends to get caught in the same situation that OpenAFS is in,
where there's no one in Ubuntu specifically paying attention and the
Debian maintainer isn't really paying attention to Ubuntu.  It looks like
this may be changing; the newly active Debian maintainer seems to be doing
bug triage in Ubuntu as well.