[OpenAFS] RT Access was Feature wish: remove partition while fileserver keeps on running

Sat, 07 Apr 2012 12:09:14 -0400

--------------enig807ABC569EF025F46EBB57ED

On 4/7/2012 11:20 AM, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>> Done. We really should sort out RT so that you, and others, have more
>> access to the bug database.
>>
>> S.
>>
> Thanks!
>=20
> Who can make that change?
>=20
> Jason

there are several subjects raised by this thread.

1. Who should have closed RT130561?

The gatekeeper that merged the change that "FIXED" the ticket but only
after the gerrit ticket and the commit sha1 were added as comments to
the RT ticket AND only if the change was not going to be pulled up to
another branch.

2. Who runs OpenAFS RT?

OpenAFS relies upon the central.org RT for services.  We do this so that
the OpenAFS gatekeepers do not need to be sysadmin for RT.  central.org
is maintained by Jeffrey Hutzelman and Chaskiel Grundman.

3. Who should have RT accounts?

In theory, any legitimate user that wants to submit a bug report.
This has proven hard to do in the past because an open account
registration process previous resulted in many false accounts being
created that were in turn used to deface RT.  Not just for OpenAFS but
for the other services that rely on the central.org RT.

There is certainly a broader list of active community members that could
be given accounts.  A list needs to be generated and given to the RT
administrator.

4. What privileges should individuals that have accounts be granted?

The ability to resolve tickets is at this point limited to the
gatekeepers and a small number of individuals that have a track record
of fixing bugs that are reported to RT.

I don't know the specific privileges that each individual account holder
has because I am not an administrator for RT and do not have privileges
to make changes.

Jeffrey Altman