[OpenAFS] WARNING: may leave AFS storage and metadata in indeterminate state

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:40:50 -0400

Hi all,

Can anyone explain why it is possible for the interruption of
a 'vos move' to leave "AFS storage and metadata in indeterminate
state"?

Dumping from clone 2023894170 on source to volume 2023891400 on
destination ...^C
SIGINT handler: vos move operation in progress
WARNING: may leave AFS storage and metadata in indeterminate state
enter second control-c to exit

I assume since I am only dumping from the clone to destination
that this warning is unnecessarily alarming at this stage of
the move, and all would be fine if I continued with another Ctrl-C.

Comments?