[OpenAFS] Windows XP SP3 - Heimdal encryption question

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias@umdnj.edu
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:34:00 -0400

Hello,=20

I have a question about Windows XP SP3 + Heimdel 1.5.1/OpenAFS 1.7.09/NetID=
Mgr 2.102.  =20

C:\>kinit username@CELL.UMDNJ.EDU
username@CELL.UMDNJ.EDU's Password:

C:\>aklog -d
Authenticating to cell rwjresearch.umdnj.edu.
Getting v5 tickets: afs/rwjresearch.umdnj.edu@CELL.UMDNJ.EDU
Getting v5 tickets: afs/rwjresearch.umdnj.edu@UMDNJ.EDU
Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328234
aklog: Couldn't get rwjresearch.umdnj.edu AFS tickets: encryption type des-=
cbc-crc is disabled

There is no C:\ProgramData or C:\Windows\ProgramData directory for me to mo=
dify krb5.conf file in order to add allow_weak_crypto =3D true.  I've searc=
hed through the mailing list, but do not see anything.   I've modified C:\w=
indows\krb5.ini, but it didn't make a difference.

Thank you for your help,
Asya