[OpenAFS] Re: Running vos or pts against a specific cell server

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:58:53 -0500

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:48:37 +0000
"Edgecombe, Jason" <jwedgeco@uncc.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way that I can run pts and vos commands against a specific
> cell server. I want to write some nagios checks to make sure that all
> cell servers are healthy.

There is a -config option to pts/vos, and you could use that to specify
a configuration dir that contains a CellServDB that only has one
dbserver in it. That is new, though; I don't think it's in any release.

There is of course udebug for basic "is it up" testing, but I assume you
want more than that. There also exist the tools 'ptclient' and
'vlclient' for which you can specify a specific server or configuration
dir to use, but they are pretty low level tools and are kinda
user-unfriendly.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net