[OpenAFS] batch/cron jobs writing to afs file systems

Andrew Pickford andrew.pickford@glasgow.ac.uk
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:57:34 +0100

Hi,

I'm setting up an afs cell for the particle physics research group at
Glasgow University. I've got the afs cell setup and working and I'm now
looking at how user jobs on the local batch system and user cron jobs
can write to the afs cell.

I'm looking for any help and/or advice or better yet an example of a
working batch/cron system for writing to an afs file system. I did come
across a project called AUKS (http://auks.sourceforge.net/) which looks
like it could do the job, but it's not clear to me how to actually use it.

For info we use a mixture of scientific linux 5 and 6 machines in the
group and use torque/maui for controlling the batch system. The afs
servers are all running openafs 1.6.0 on scientific linux 6.2 boxes.

Thanks,

Andrew

--

Andrew Pickford                    Email: andrew.pickford@glasgow.ac.uk
Rm 473, Kelvin Building            Telephone: +44 141 330 4197