[OpenAFS] Re: openafs hang

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo@strike.wu.ac.at
Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:56:38 +0200

On 08/09/2012 05:42 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 11:48:25 +0200
> Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth <leo@strike.wu.ac.at> wrote:
>
>> My box, using openafs-1.6.1 and kernel-2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.i686 on
>> Centos 6, just hung completely and had to be rebooted.  It looks like
>> the problem was caused by a locking problem of the openafs kernel
>> module, all processes that e.g. used AFS authentication got stuck
>> inside libafs. (See the kernel call-traces below.)
>
> This would be more useful with a trace of all processes; all those show
> is that we're waiting for a lock. You can get that with 'echo t >
> /proc/sysrq-trigger'.

It happened again yesterday, unfortunately I couldn't get a trace
because the watchdog rebooted the system. Will keep trying.. ;-)

Today there was another problem:
Several xauth processes hung in disk wait while trying to access an
.Xauthority file in AFS.

However, in this case, only processes accessing this file blocked, so I
don't know if this issue is related.

I have captured the call traces at
http://leo.kloburg.at/tmp/openafs-1.6.1-hang/

I have also captured a kernel crash dump, which I can provide at request...

Thanks for your help,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu.ac.at