[OpenAFS] Linux client connection timed out after server failure

Måns Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:32:33 +0200

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Linux client connection timed out after server failu=
re Date: Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:20:58PM -0400 Quoting chas williams - CONT=
RACTOR (chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil):
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:19:09 -0400
> Bob Hoffman <hoffman@cs.pitt.edu> wrote:
>=20
> > On 8/16/12 10:53 AM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> > > it should recover in 2 hours, which is the vldb refresh time.
> >=20
> > Apparently that doesn't work for me.  After six days, I was still=20
> > getting "Connection timed out."
>=20
> i had the same thing happen to me as well during a server change.
> after 2 hours, the volume information still hadnt updated.  fs checkv
> did fix things though.  seems like there might be a bug.

I've seen that too. Solaris 10 zone as fs, vldb on same host in another
zone, client in third zone (inheriting /afs from global zone, which
the server zones did not) and server sw 1.4.12ish. Problem persisted
for weeks until I had time to do research (=3D drink coffee with Harald)
and fs checkv fixed things.

I know that 1.4.12 is old, just wanted to point out that this, if being
a bug, has been with us for some time.
--=20
M=C3=A5ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
ANN JILLIAN'S HAIR makes LONI ANDERSON'S HAIR look like RICARDO
MONTALBAN'S HAIR!

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T--