[OpenAFS] Possible bug in Windows AFS client handling older shortcuts

Richard Brittain Richard.Brittain@dartmouth.edu
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:39:00 -0400 (EDT)

Excellent!!

For months we've had this same problem, but only on a few machines, and
now I expect it was ones with old shortcuts created under 1.5, (and some
machines might also have still had the SMB redirector still installed, to
further confuse things).

Deleting and recreating the shortcuts 'fixed' my test box on which I could
reliably generate this error.

We were initially getting what appeared to be the same error because of
file server > 2TB and the 32-bit device report limits, but the errors
never fully went away after we patched our servers.

  Richard

--
Richard Brittain,  Research Computing Group,
                    Computing Services, 37 Dewey Field Road, HB6219