[OpenAFS] bosserver "Listening on 127.0.0.1:7007"

John Tang Boyland boyland@uwm.edu
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:43:51 -0500

I'm trying to get OpenAFS 1.6.1 running on a new (additional)
Linux server.  I've got the keyfiles etc copied over and can start
the bosserver, but it ignores all "bos" commands sent remotely.
I'm guessing that is because BosLog says:
	Listening on 127.0.0.1:7007
I tried adding the real network address into /etc/openafs/server/NetInfo
(without an f) and put 127.0.0.1 in /etc/openafs/server/NetRestrict
and restarting the bosserver but to no avail.  Any idea how
to get the bosserver to listen to a real interface?
Or is it normal to listen to 127.0.0.1 ?

Best regards,
John