[OpenAFS] shadow volumes and 'vos syncvldb'

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck@cern.ch
Tue, 4 Dec 2012 15:10:30 +0000

On Dec 4, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Harald Barth <haba@kth.se>
 wrote:

>=20
>> Not a creation time. But as they're meant for disaster recovery you
>> should be able to make them appear at some point, no?=20
>=20
> For disaster recovery of a volume, I think a=20
>=20
> vos delentry VOLID
> vos syncvldb -server NEWSERVER -partition NEWPART -volume NEWVOLID
>=20

Yes, after deleting the entries from VLDB the syncvldb updates VLDB with th=
e=20
shadow volumes (didn't try on a per volume, but only on a server basis).=20
Sorry if that wasn't clear from my original mail.=20

My point was that the manpage explicitly says that running syncvldb will up=
date
the VLDB right away which does not seem to be the case.

So: the behaviour is correct and the manpage is not.

> should do. The NEWVOLID must be the numerical volume id, not the name
> (so one probably need to run vos listvol NEWSERVER NEWPARTITION first
> to find out the NEWVOLID)
>=20
> Correct? I should test this some day, before it's to late ;-)
>=20
> Harald.

Cheers,
 Arne=