[OpenAFS] Graphical file managers get stuck

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:50:05 -0500

-fakestat provides no benefits if the application is going to read the conte=
nts of the volume root directory referenced by a mount point.  -fakestat wor=
ks by generating fake stat info for the mount point target instead of readin=
g the actual data belonging to the target which might require a volume locat=
ion database lookup in addition to the file server fetch status RPC.  There m=
ight even need to be DNS queries to find the locations of the VLDB servers i=
n the foreign cell. =20

Jeffrey Altman