[OpenAFS] Not enough disk space

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:44:39 -0500

The bug fixed by the referenced patch set is specifically related to the rep=
orting of partition sizes and free space by the file server to the client.  T=
hese sizes are reported in 1KiB units.  The field used to report the sizes i=
s a signed 32-bit field.  If the value being reported is greater than 2^31 t=
hen it may be interpreted as negative or a small positive value.  This is a p=
articular problem for the 1.7.x windows clients which expose AFS volumes as d=
istinct volumes to the IFS layer and which perform checks on extending write=
s to prevent applications from writing data into the windows page cache whic=
h could not possibly be stored in the volume on the file server.

However the bug is not limited to Windows and impacts any cache manager or t=
ool the queries the volume status information.

The patch set will be included in 1.6.2pre1 which will be announced shortly.=

Jeffrey Altman