[OpenAFS] Graphical file managers get stuck

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:33:42 -0700

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM,  <jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi> wrote:

> What do you mean by publishing DNS SRV records? The server has a FQDN but
> do you mean something else?

If you can get a Wireshark trace of DNS activity while Nautilus is
frozen, that will help us understand if Nautilus is causing AFS to
stall out when making DNS queries for dynroot, or if it's something
else entirely.

I just tested this with Gnome on Fedora 19 and I can confirm that
Nautilus also does the problematic /afs/.Trash lookups (details at
[1]). It's just not clear to me how frequently Nautilus triggers these
lookups, because in my light testing they seem to happen less often
than on Xfce. Regardless, more debugging with Wireshark in your
environment would give us more information to go on.

- Ken

[1] https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2011-June/036202.html