[OpenAFS] Graphical file managers get stuck

Jago Pearce jago25@gmail.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 21:54:07 +0000

I have seen this kind of bug in so many forms for years, decades.

Where a GUI is dependent on a file or network request and will freeze
with no feedback as to what is happening.

Really a program should be able to have a new process or *something*
to make the file or network actions without halting the whole show.

At least since Win98 we haven't seen it regularly crashing a whole O/S though.

Still this bug comes up again and again. 14 years later here it is again! :D

--
Sites supported: http://moneybutnofixedabode.blogspot.com/
http://justfortheloveofit.org/