[OpenAFS] False replay error with 1.7 on Win 7 client (fwd)

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 01:30:17 -0500

--------------enigA283A0BFF3D136B8148BF300

On 12/11/2012 4:30 PM, Steve Gaarder wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>=20
>> Upgrading your AFS principal from afs@ to afs/math.cornell.edu@ will
>> fix this problem
>> and shorten the time it takes all AFS clients to obtain afs tokens.
>>
> Thanks. My next question is: if I do this, will it break existing
> sessions using tokens obtained via afs@?  Here's how I think I should
> make the change:
>=20
> 1. Create afs/math.cornell.edu@MATH.CORNELL.EDU
> 2. Store the key in a keytab file
> 3. Use asetkey to add the key to the keyfile on each of the AFS servers=

AFS does not associate a name with the key.  It only associates a key
version number with the key.   All you need to do is ensure that the key
version number for afs/math.cornell.edu does not match one of the
existing kvno values in the AFS KeyFile.

Please see the "Managing Server Encryption Keys" section of the
Administrator Guide.

  http://docs.openafs.org/AdminGuide/index.html#HDRWQ355.html

Jeffrey Altman