[OpenAFS] False replay error with 1.7 on Win 7 client (fwd)

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 20:53:13 +0000

<gaarder@math.cornell.edu> wrote:
> THanks.  Do I need to restart the afs servers in order to have them =
use the new key?
>=20
> Shouldn't be.

There's a race in the key selection algorithms for fileserver->ptserver =
connections which means that it's good practice to restart your =
fileservers if you provide them with a new key. =46rom memory, things =
only go badly wrong if you retire the old key, but it's good practice to =
do a restart anyway.

Cheers,

Simon.=