[OpenAFS] Supergroups enabled by default in openafs 1.6.1 rpm packages?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:02:55 -0800

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> writes:

> As far as I can tell looking through the mail archives, turning
> supergroups on by default was discussed for 1.6.0 but I do not believe
> it happened across the board.  It was mentioned back in July 2008 that
> the Debian packages do enable it by default whereas the openafs.org
> packages do not.

Yes, the Debian packages have enabled it by default since August of 2004.

If I were making the decision now, I probably wouldn't do so, since I
don't think the code quality is high enough in stable to be comfortable
with it, but once it's been enabled, turning it off again is a bad idea.