[OpenAFS] Heimdal & OpenAFS 1.7.4: Difficult user experience

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias@umdnj.edu
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:59:25 -0500

Hello,

We have many users running Windows 7 64bit and 32bit.  I would like to unde=
rstand which OpenAFS and Kerberos versions are the stables ones and should =
be installed?

I've installed Heimdal 1.5 and OpenAFS 1.7.4, but having many issues with g=
etting it to work.  I've made the changes ("allow_weak_crypto =3D true"), b=
ut it didn't help.    For users with previous versions, Kerberos doesn't au=
thenticate automatically (randomly), thus causing a lot of problems.

Thank you,
Asya=