[OpenAFS] Re: Offline volumes after upgrade to 1.6.1pre2

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:07:51 -0600

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:50:24 +0100
Åsa Andersson <spigg@csc.kth.se> wrote:

> > For the first one, I think that's possible. If the CoW corruption
> > results in files getting incorrectly truncated, that would certainly
> > cause the first, but I'm not sure if the specific corruption patterns
> > are known. Do you have any idea what file 537126959.344.442066 is?
>
> It's a SQLite 3.x database.

Okay, that sounds like the 1.6.0 CoW bug, then. Those files are probably
indeed corrupt even after a salvage; you may want to restore them from
backups if you can and you care about those files.

> > I don't think that's possible for the second one, though.
>
> It seems the typical pattern (that we missed yesterday) is that we
> first get the "inconsistent length" error for the volume and then we
> get the other error following a salvage run.

Can you provide the SalvageLog for one of these runs? That is, for the
salvage that you did right after the 'inconsistent length' error.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net