[OpenAFS] Fedora 16 and Openafs

Berthold Cogel cogel@uni-koeln.de
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:12:26 +0100

Am 28.02.2012 18:00, schrieb Derrick Brashear:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Berthold Cogel <cogel@uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>> Hello!

> if you're going to start AFS with the network not up, use dynroot. if
> you want to not use dynroot, don't start AFS with no network.

I would gladly use -dynroot if I could. But I always had problems with
this. For historical reasons we have some symlinks in our root.afs:

.rrz -> .rrz.uni-koeln.de
rrz -> rrz.uni-koeln.de

And several others.... And I don't know what will break if we remove
them. We don't have control over all of our clients. It's difficult
enough if we have to change one of the database servers.

Berthold