[OpenAFS] AFS without DES on users' KDCs?

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2012 13:44:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Marcus and I consider rxk5 to be a closed effort.  We did make rxk5 partly as a challenge to the OpenAFS participants to adopt a candidate solution quickly, since the transport security problem was (and is) pressing.  It should have been seriously considered for integration in 2006-7, since we were basically done by then.  We even had Windows integration.  It was not "unreviewable."  It is, however, surely superceded by rxgk.

It sounds like rxgk might be suitable for experimentation, in private cells and similar scenarios.  I wasn't aware that rxgk isn't yet available in a form folks could (or should) use, but from what I can tell, that's only for casual reasons which could be overcome with some private discussion and modest time commitment from a couple of people.  Perhaps that's the case, anyway.

Regards,

Matt