[OpenAFS] Re: vos backupsys no longer logs how many volumes were backed up

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:59:54 -0500

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:33:55 +0000
"Edgecombe, Jason" <jwedgeco@uncc.edu> wrote:

> We migrated from 1.4.X series to 1.4.x series on Linux servers. On the

I assume that's from 1.4 to 1.6.

> old systems, the "vos backupsys" command would like helpful messages
> like "backed up X volumes. 0 failed: in the log file. Not, it just
> says that had exit code 15. Things are still getting backed up. What
> can I look at to enable the printing of that message?

The message is still there, same as it's always been, in all versions I
took a quick look at. It sounds like 'vos' is dying prematurely before
it gets to the point of printing that message; what errors are being
reported?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net