[OpenAFS] Re: Setting Up OpenAFS on FreeBSD

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:11:42 -0500

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:34:03 -0400 (EDT)
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> > should be in a /var/lib-like location.
>
> I am told that you will need to use pt_util to initialize a protection
> database as part of setting up a server.

This should not be necessary. Before 1.6, you had to either create the
db yourself, or start ptserver with -noauth. But with 1.6, this
restriction should be removed (9472bcb3). Tim appears to be using some
form of 1.6 at the earliest, since the bos error message originally
mentioned doesn't exist before then.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net