[OpenAFS] Re: - SOLVED - Locked volumes

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:42:03 -0500

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:47:41 +0100
ProbaNet <info@probanet.it> wrote:

> We tested a bit with a very simple method: netcat (we'll try rxperf in
> the future, when things are a bit more "calm"):
>
> afsrm1: netcat -t -l -p 8000 -v -v -n
> afsmn1: netcat -u afsrm1 8000

Well, if netcat found it, that's fine too. I just recommended rxperf
since it's closer to the 'real' workload; but if you've already found
the problem, there's not much need to look more...

> Now we have one last question about our setup: in afsrm1 (the remote
> server) we used /var/lib/openafs/local/NetInfo (debian locations):
> ---
> 192.168.11.12
> f 10.250.10.11
> ---
> Is that correct?

If I understand your description of the setup correctly, I think so.
This implies that 192.168.11.12 is in the list of addresses for one of
the local network interfaces, and that 10.250.10.11 is not. If that is
the case, the server will advertise those two addresses to other servers
and clients, and other addresses on the local network interfaces will be
ignored.

That is, "ignored" for the purposes of advertising addresses; we still
accept packets for anything routed to us.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net