[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client 1.7.6 upgrade to 1.7.8

Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:33:04 -0400

--------------enigA325CEF40D5245D7CD1C0C52

Ignore is prompted for each assembly that is installed.  Its not
actually the same prompt.  Just looks that way.  Just select Ignore for
each.

If you perform a manual install you will be prompted.  If you perform an
automated install, you will not be.

On 3/16/2012 12:15 PM, Thomas Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I upgraded the client on one of my Win7 Pro x64 systems this morning. T=
he upgrade went well except for one thing... The client installer indicat=
ed that I had several open applications that were preventing some files f=
rom being updated--among those were a Windows Explorer process and a Wind=
ows Media Player Network Sharing Service service. The installer would not=
 continue until I closed both of these. (Clicking "Ignore" just cycled ba=
ck to the same message about not being able to continue until these were =
closed.)
>=20
> So to continue, I had to go into Services and Stop the Media Player ser=
vice and into Task Manager to End Task explorer.exe.
>=20
> Is this normal behavior? It just seems unusual that I would have to tak=
e such steps to complete the install (versus the installer just updating =
those files during a reboot).