[OpenAFS] best way to debug windows 1.7.11 cache/rx/NAT problems?

Arthur Prokosch arthurp@csail.mit.edu
Tue, 8 May 2012 14:01:25 -0400

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 09:21:53PM +0200, Lars Schimmer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We have apployed 1.7.11 on ķur Windows 7 x64 system.
> Now we still do have problems of clients not seeing the recent state of files.
>
> E.g. User change a file on machine 1, check it 10 sec later on machine 2, he
> does not see the changes made on machine 1.
>
> Machine 1 is on the same subnet of servers, full routeable,
> Machine 2 is on a private subnet with a Cisco style NAT in between.
>
> Now I do see a lot of possibilities to debug the problem, but which way will
> find the best solution?
> E.G. could be the NAT issue, or cache problems or callbacks?

I haven't seen further discussion/troubleshooting on-list, but I do
see that 1.7.12 has been released with "Windows cache coherency issues
fixed."

Could you confirm that symptoms no longer occur with 1.7.12?

Thanks!
-arthur prokosch.