[OpenAFS] Re: Multiple Kerberos realm support

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 11 May 2012 11:13:32 -0500

On 5/10/2012 5:24 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:17:09 -0500
> Andrew Deason<adeason@sinenomine.net>  wrote:
>
>>> This might be a problem:
>>> [root@afs-dev-03 ~]# kinit -kt /var/tmp/afskerbuser.keytab
>>> afs/pitt.edu@UNIV.PITT.EDU
>>> kinit: KDC has no support for encryption type while getting initial
>>> credentials
>>
>> That's a little confusing, since the KDC granted you a service ticket
>> with a DES enctype earlier:
>
> Er, no, this is RHEL6, with MIT krb5 1.9 iirc, which disables DES by
> default. If the cause of that is what I think it is, that's a really
> confusing error message, since it's not the KDC that's refusing the
> request. Add the following:
>
>      allow_weak_crypto = true
>
> to the [libdefaults] section of /etc/krb5.conf, and try that again.

It could also be 2008 has DES turned off, and may not give you a TGT with DES.

I wireshark trace of the KRB5 packets would reveal what is actually happening.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory