[OpenAFS] linux client behind NAT/Firewall: unable to resolve name to ID

Lars Schimmer Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at>
Sun, 20 May 2012 00:14:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I just tried to get a OpenAFS client on my home linux system. I use a debian
system with OpenAFS 1.6.1 and I opened ports 7001-7007 and 88 UDP for incoming
connections.
I can obtain tickets and tokens from our cell. But:
Authenticating to cell cgv.tugraz.at (server phobos.cgv.tugraz.at).
Trying to authenticate to user's realm CGV.TUGRAZ.AT.
 Getting tickets: afs/cgv.tugraz.at@CGV.TUGRAZ.AT
<mailto:afs/cgv.tugraz.at@CGV.TUGRAZ.AT>
Using Kerberos V5 ticket natively
About to resolve name lschimmer to id in cell cgv.tugraz.at.
 Error -1
Set username to lschimmer
Setting tokens. lschimmer @ cgv.tugraz.at

 tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

Tokens for afs@cgv.tugraz.at <mailto:afs@cgv.tugraz.at>

[Expires May 20 20:06]

 --End of list--

So it cannot resolve my name to a ID.

But on a second machine (windows) behind te same firewall/NAT I could get a ID
for the name.

Which port did I miss?

Thank you.

Lars Schimmer