[OpenAFS] Re: linux client behind NAT/Firewall: unable to resolve name to ID

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 22 May 2012 09:55:36 -0500

On Tue, 22 May 2012 15:34:01 +0200
Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:

> The client in question can not rxdebug server 7002. So no PTS access,
> but it can access OpenAFS directory as if token is set correctly.
> Other PC in network can reach PTS. And if I shutdown firewall on
> client, I can reach PTS. Looks like I did block one bit to much.  But
> as long as I can live on without PTS it is fine for me. It is a
> machine with some network load...

Yes, your tokens will be fine without ptserver access. aklog still does
try to access the ptservers by default, though, and it may take a little
time for the request to timeout. If you give aklog the -noprdb option,
it will skip that step, and possibly run quite a bit faster.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net