[OpenAFS] the future

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Mon, 01 Oct 2012 20:57:25 -0400

g way. One if the reasons (other than frankly ignorance) that OpenAFS was=
 frowned upon at UMBC was our lack of commercial support. I know there ar=
e entities that provide support but they seemed to require more effort th=
an clicking a button, selecting my subscription type (X number of FileSer=
vers, Y number of "supported" clients, Z number of vldb servers, etc), an=
d typing in a credit card number

I have always received a significant amount of pushback for any pricing
model that is based upon # of servers and especially # of clients.  That
is why the YFSI pricing model is based upon number a number of support
incidents.  It doesn't matter how many platforms you deploy or how many
servers or number of clients, support is driven by how much support the
organization requires and whether support is U.S. business hours monday
to friday or 24/7/365.

Support packages start at US$4995 per year.

Jeffrey Altman

--------------enigB157262AB86F9AD4E2B8A540

--------------enigB157262AB86F9AD4E2B8A540--