[OpenAFS] Re: Failure to build OpenAFS 1.6.1a

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:58:09 -0400

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The issues I have seen have all involved having heimdal "contaminated"
>> into system include or library paths when MIT is "native" and found
>> first.
>
> I'd love to see some more specific detail.  It may be possible to fix
> that.  There's a fix that I already put in place for GSS-API header
> detection for jhutz in remctl that may be relevant to Kerberos libraries
> as well and may address this issue.

If you install macports, pkg-config is on your path, and configure finds fuse
there, and heimdal is installed in macports, but krb5-config from the system was
run, it used to happen.

But
1) kerberos on osx is now heimdal anyway
2) i think we reorganized how fuse afsd is linked since when that happened.

Effectively the same problem could exist anywhere you have a native kerberos
but need to link in something which influences the linker arguments.
(or possibly the cflags but i think we're already sufficiently careful
about that
anywhere where it's likely to happen)

--
Derrick