[OpenAFS] Re: Failure to build OpenAFS 1.6.1a

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:27:34 +0100

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 20:50:19 -0500
"Michael D. Norwick" <mnorwick@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Third time I've tried this.  Apparently the openafs server does not like
> attachments so I've removed them.

It probably does not like attachments over a certain size. Could you
send it directly to me, and/or compress it first?

> In addition to the below questions I noticed that I have a number of
> krb5.h's and gssapi-krb5.h's,  such as;
> /usr/local/include/krb5.h
> /usr/local/include/gssapi/gssapi_krb5.h
> /usr/local/include/krb5/krb5.h
> /usr/kerberos/include/gssapi/gssapi_krb5.h
> /usr/kerberos/include/krb5/krb5.h
> /usr/kerberos/include/krb5.h
>
> Could this be confusing the compiler?

Yes, that certainly seems possible. Do you know where the /usr/local/*
files are coming from, and if they're MIT or heimdal? The krb5
slackbuild doesn't install those...

> afscp_util.c or krb5.h give me no obvious clues as to what I am doing
> wrong.  I have a working kerberos realm on a freshly installed (from
> slackbuild) krb5-1.9.4 system. I can successfully get tickets and do
> administartive functions.  I did not pass any flags to ./configure or
> make in /usr/src/openafs-1.6.1a.  I am thinking of trying a pre-built
> binary for RedHat, Debian, etc., if I can figure out how to use the
> Slackware tools for that.

Well, I can give you binaries built against slackware if you want, since
I can get it to build fine here. But I'd like to get this working for
you, if we can.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net