[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS kernel panic

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 26 Oct 2012 13:52:24 -0500

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:30:30 -0400
Jack Neely <jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Had an OpenAFS 1.6.1 client crash last night and I received the
> following screenshot of the kernel panic.
>
>     https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LgYESh-n4zI/UIpsIQv1UPI/AAAAAAAADTQ/DTbWGpa1L1w/s869/uni01ftp-20121026.jpg

You can save us a little time by providing the disassembly of afs_Conn.
You can get this by running

objdump -d -r /path/to/libafs.ko > /some/file

And trimming the output to just contain the section that starts with
"<afs_Conn>:".

It's also better to get more of the output, a little above that cutoff.
If the screenshot is all you have, obviously there's nothing you can do,
but if that stuff was logged anywhere, it'd be good to see.

I think CR2 gives the access address, though? 0x30 seems plausible...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net