[OpenAFS] Problems in openafs paradise.

John Tobin jtobin@po-box.esu.edu
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:32:32 -0400

Ok.

Went with desktop for the kmp, and booted to that.

I am studying the pam setup, will get to that shortly.

I am trying to startup the bosserver...
>From the quickstart guide
[http://docs.openafs.org/QuickStartUnix/ch02s11.html...

I issue the bosserver -noauth &

I get back:
[1] 20522
goodknight:-#
[1]+ done       bosserver -noauth

goodknight:-# ps -ef |grep bos
root  ..... Blah/blah bosserver -noauth
root   ....           grep ..bos

{so the server is running...}

I check for the "ThisCell" and "CellServDB"
CellServDB is there, And "ThisCell" is a file, and is not identical to
/etc/openafs/server/ThisCell, so I create the link.

Then setcellname:

goodknight:-# bos setcellname goodknight.dark.net dark.net
bos: running unauthenticated
bos: failed to set cell (you are not authorized for this operation)

I am lost here, the ps shows the bosserver running unauth
And bos is "running unauthenticated".

Why doesn't this work?

Yes, I have run it a few different ways, I don't think the bosserver comman=
has gone to authentication mode, at least it always lists as "-noauth" unde=
ps -ef....

Ok, next:

Bos listhosts goodknight.dark.net
bos: running unauthenticated
Cell name is localcell
       Host 1 is goodknight

Cat /etc/openafs/ThisCell
Localcellgoodknight:-#

I did try to edit /etc/openafs/server/ThisCell, that was a waste of time.

Ok, my cell is localcell.
next:

Since buserver [and all of the rest of the server executables] is in
/usr/lib/openafs

I issue:
Bos create goodknight.dark.net buserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/buserver
-noauth

bos: running unauthenticated
bos: failed to create the server instance buserver of type 'simple' (you ar=
not authorized for this operation)

Well, that about wraps that up.
I am not authorized... What am I doing wrong?

tob=20