[OpenAFS] Re: Changing freespace value returned to 'df' - Linux

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:37:06 -0500

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:27:44 -0700
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:
>
> > I have not done this, but it's hard to imagine any issues if you set it
> > to, say, 2^31-1 or under. And with anything higher, I'd expect any
> > issues are ones that would come up with any filesystem of that size, so
> > that doesn't seem too likely, either.
>
> Didn't we set this to something larger for a while and then change it
> back due to some sort of problem?  I could be making that up, but I
> think I remember having df show something in the terabyte range for
> AFS for a while.

Not that I can see... looking at 'git blame' for osi_vfsops.c
(afs_statfs), it looks like that line was changed in Linux by f3cd6ca0
(adding linux 2.6 support), in Solaris by 872bc94f, and then by the
initial IBM commit, and that's it. For darwin, we already do set it to
basically what I said. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net