[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:39:30 -0400

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:
>> > However, this requires having a much greater availability of release
>> > management and testing resources.
>>
>> And perhaps an argument for automated tests that could prove out a relea=
se?
>> If you mean manual testing resources, given the scope of platform suppor=
t and myriad branches for OpenAFS I doubt 'enough' will ever be enough :)  =
If we could bend those resources to creating and maintaining functional tes=
ts then that might be a better use of time.  Definitely a challenge though.

> All this talk about 'reliable code for our users' is total BS
> until 'make check' actually does some realisitic functionality tests.
>
> If you can't write an automated test for a feature, they I would
> request we consider disabling that feature.

You have TFS forked. I suggest trying that approach and seeing what
kind of filesystem you are left with.

It will probably not involve kernel extensions.

--=20
Derrick