[OpenAFS] buildbot and packages

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:15:28 -0500

I'm looking to get all the low-hanging fruit with unskilled testing.
Particularly with regressions like this:

hozer@six:~/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse$ /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/../../src/afsd/afsd.fuse -dynroot -fakestat -d -confdir /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/conf -cachedir /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/vcache -mountdir /home/hozer/src/openafs-fuse-git/tests/fuse/mntdir
FUSE library version: 2.8.6
nullpath_ok: 0
unique: 1, opcode: INIT (26), nodeid: 0, insize: 56
INIT: 7.17
flags=0x0000047b
max_readahead=0x00020000
Starting AFS cache scan...found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).
afsd: All AFS daemons started.
Segmentation fault

I am pretty sure this is related to the work Simon is doing on Libtool,
and there's a 90% probability it's a 30-second 'aha', followed by a two
line fix, and we're back to working again.

The code is so complicated it will take me half a day to track down what
that two line fix is, or work in my own isolated fork and not get updates
as quickly. That unskilled smoke testing and/or automated runs gets a LOT
of mileage.

It also gives people who want to learn about the codebase something simple
and meaningful they can do, instead of waiting around for someone else to
come up with a test plan.