[OpenAFS] Re: buildbot and packages

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:41:54 -0500

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:25:38 -0600
Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com> wrote:

> I think a good next step would be to decide how we should handle
> version numbers in snapshot packages. For example: should configure.ac
> in the 1_6_x branch contain something like "1.6.2" or "1.6.2git" right
> now, and a build script could tack on a date or git hash to that
> number every night? I'm open to writing patches to the
> "build-tools/git-version" script, or otherwise.

Isn't this what we already have? If you have a source tree that's not
exactly the commit for e.g. openafs-stable-1_6_1, you get a string
saying how many commits you are from a known point, and a git hash. So,
we should be able to identify exactly what build something came from,
with the existing versioning code, unless I'm mistaken here.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net