[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.1a migration from 1.4: corrupted and offline volumes

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:27:07 -0400

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Jakub Moscicki <jakub.moscicki@cern.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> OK, thanks, indeed it looks like a problem of a particular cell only...
> sorry for the confusion.
>
> Derrick: looking at a larger picture, is there a plan to integrate (some of)
> these patches into the main repo in the future?

Rainer sent most of the CERN patches up already. That particular one
is for something legacy you have that
upstream has no need for. The other one which was interesting was the
copy-on-write speedup,
which we did integrate and needed to pull because it caused other
problems. And he had
other patches which were mostly either
1) local configuration (changes to the Linux RC script, for instance,
or logging messages for "foreign" IP range access)
or
2) changing hardcoded parameters like hash sizes to different
hardcoded parameters.

But the interesting case here, that of your on-disk data, is
definitely one you're on your own for.

I did notice one for butc XBSA support yesterday which seems to have
been ignored and included it.

--
Derrick