[OpenAFS] Status of Perl AFS with 1.6?

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:35:28 +0100

On 25 Sep 2012, at 18:58, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Steve Simmons <scs@umich.edu> writes:
>=20
>> The last bit of discussion on perlafs with openafs 1.6 seemed to end
>> with the note below. If there's been progress on this, can anyone =
point
>> us at patches/whatever? We've got a person here who's trying to use =
AFS
>> perl interfaces on gentoo with AFS 1.6, and he's not having much joy.
>=20
> To fix the AFS Perl module, you basically need all the changes that =
have
> landed on master to build libtool-based pthreaded libraries, and then =
the
> AFS Perl module needs to be modified to link with those instead of =
with a
> mix of pthreaded and LWP libraries.

Actually, there are some slightly simpler changes than this. I landed a =
patch on master a while back that added all of the necessary symbols to =
libafsauthent to link perl-AFS against that, and fixed perl-AFS so that =
it would work against master.

Those changes just need pulled up to 1.6, and perl-AFS modified so that =
it can handle the interface changes in 1.6. I was hoping to get that =
work done for 1.6.2, but haven't had the time so far.

Cheers,

Simon=