[OpenAFS] BSoDs after switching to Heimdal

Thomas Smith theitsmith@gmail.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:12:33 -0700

--047d7bf0d17472bbbe04cab63c23

Hi,

Software versions:
    - Heimdal 1.5.100.930
    - NIM 2.0.1.903
    - OpenAFS 1.7.15
    - Win 7 Pro and Ent, both SP1, 64-bit

We have been using KfW for a while now and have had occasional BSoDs that
seem to have been related to its use--the reported blue screens
always occurred while accessing some resource within AFS.

We are in the process of switching to Heimdal now and seem to have the same
problem--on multiple systems. Each test system was previously running KfW,
we haven't yet tested a clean install on any of our systems yet. For the
switch, we uninstalled NIM and then KfW and then installed Heimdal and NIM.

It was also my understanding that on 64-bit Windows, both 32- and 64-bit
NIM were necessary--so both have been installed on these test systems.
Along with that, the 32-bit KfW DLLs have been copied to "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Heimdal\bin" in order to get 32-bit NIM working properly.

Is there something that I'm missing here? Everything is working exactly as
I would expect except for the fact that we get these BSoDs--always the same
errors, always the same circumstances (accessing AFS).

(Not sure if this is related... But we get these same BSoDs on our Windows
XP Pro systems--they are using KfW but otherwise NIM and AFS client
versions are the same.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

~ Tom

--047d7bf0d17472bbbe04cab63c23

v><div>We have been using KfW for a while now and have had occasional BSoDs=
 that seem to have been related to its use--the reported blue screens alway=
s=A0occurred=A0while accessing some resource within AFS.</div>
eem to have the same problem--on multiple systems. Each test system was pre=
viously running KfW, we haven&#39;t yet tested a clean install on any of ou=
r systems yet. For the switch, we uninstalled NIM and then KfW and then ins=
talled Heimdal and NIM.</div>
th 32- and 64-bit NIM were necessary--so both have been installed on these =
test systems. Along with that, the 32-bit KfW DLLs have been copied to &quo=
t;C:\Program Files (x86)\Heimdal\bin&quot; in order to get 32-bit NIM worki=
ng properly.</div>
g is working exactly as I would expect except for the fact that we get thes=
e BSoDs--always the same errors, always the same circumstances (accessing A=
FS).</div>
SoDs on our Windows XP Pro systems--they are using KfW but otherwise NIM an=
ance for your help!</div>

--047d7bf0d17472bbbe04cab63c23--